The number one thing that keeps us stuck is our thoughts. We spend so much time being all busy up in our heads.
You know what you want. You have the skills and the know-how to do it. But you’re not doing it. Ugh. If only you could get out of your head.
Free yourself from those icky, sticky thoughts once and for all.
Here are 3 mindset shifts you must make to get yourself into action.
Mindset Shift #1: Imposter Syndrome
This is so normal. It’s so easy to feel like an imposter, especially if you spend any time on social media.
You feel like you don’t deserve to have that job.
You feel like you don’t deserve to live in that beautiful home.
You believe you have no idea what you’re doing. You believe you only got where you are by sheer luck.
You live in fear that someone is going to call you out and expose you as being a fraud.
What a heavy weight to carry.
Here’s a little harsh secret. Sorry, not sorry. Nobody cares. Nobody is paying attention to you. People are so busy with their own stuff. It’s natural to feel like all eyes are on you, but they aren’t.
Make the shift:
- Acknowledge your credibility and success.
- Be aware of the stories you’re telling yourself. “Ask would Judge Judy or a court of law say these thoughts are fact?” Nope.
- Get out of your head and into your heart. Let your why be bigger than your worry or fear. Why is this thing you want to do important to you? Find it, find several why’s. Play those why soundtracks over and over in your head to silence your worries and fears.
- Keep showing up.
Mindset Shift #2: Dabbling instead of going all in because you’re scared.
Are you a learner? I am. I could take courses and research something to death all the while convincing myself that going down these rabbit holes is necessary. But it’s not. It’s called procrastination or info-crastination. Can you relate?
“Trying” to do something isn’t going all in. It’s dabbling. You can’t try to start a business. You have to start a business. You can’t hide behind having to learn everything before you can start.
You have to do whatever it is scared. It’s called courage.
Playing full-out makes you fully present.
Make the shift:
- Go all in no matter how scared you are.
- Playing small only delays your inevitable success.
- Give the thing you want to do the attention and respect it deserves.
Mindset Shift #3: Perfectionism
This gets in the way of you making decisions. It’s the death of doing what you want to do.
Alyssa, a budding entrepreneur suffered from perfectionism.
“The problem was, I wanted my emails to look and sound perfect. I wanted my website to be perfect. I didn’t even know what perfect meant. I wasn’t finding it and I wasn’t getting my products out to people.”
I hear this over and over. You must be willing to be imperfect.
Make the shift:
- Give yourself permission to do B+ work.
- Putting yourself out there imperfectly is better than NOT putting yourself out there at all.
- You can only learn how to do better by doing.
- Go back to your why. What’s greater than your need to be perfect?
You don’t have to stay stuck.
You are in charge of your thoughts.
You are in charge of how you talk to yourself.
Be kind. Be imperfect.
Impress yourself. Go all in.
Curious how self-doubt keeps you trapped? Take the quiz here!